I’m following the 4HB low carb diet now for exactly 6 months. Time for a new DEXA scan to get more accurate results.
Weight: 75,7 -> 67,2 (lost 8,5 Kg/18.7 lbs)
Fat %: 32,2% -> 23,4% (measured with DEXA scan)
Total Fat Loss: 8,299 Kg/18,296 lbs
Arms: lost approx. 1 kg/2.2 lbs of fat and gained 250 g/0.55 lbs of muscles
Legs: lost approx. 2.7 kg/5.9 lbs of fat and gained 1 kg/2.2 lbs of muscles
Belly: lost 5.5 kg/12.12 lbs of fat
Bum: lost approx. 1 kg/2.2 lbs of fat
1) I’m still at 23% of body fat or 15.4 kg/33.9 lbs of fat. After 6 months I’m only halfway there….sigh! I secretly hoped I was already at 20%. Damn!
2) My belly fat dropped with 14%, my butt with 8% and I’m really glad it also shows on the photos.
3) Very good news was that the amount of visceral fat, this is real unhealthy fat, was down by halve.
4) Last month I kept going up and down between 67 and 68 kg. The month before between 68 and 69 kg. So things are really slowing down.
5) With a BMI of 22,1 I can loose another 10 kg max to stay on the healthy site of the BMI curve. Honestly, I think I’m able to loose maybe another 2 to 3 kg/ 4.4-6.6 lbs, not a lot more. I count on it that the other kgs of fat will shrink through extensive cardio and be replaced with muscles.
6) When I look back at the photos of six months ago, I can’t believe I ever looked that fat. So documenting your progress really is a motivational tool.
6) Next step is to increase the amount of exercises slowly to built up muscles and endurance during the next six months.